- 178: Laodice V marries the Macedonian king Perseus.
- The king of Pergamon, Eumenes II Soter, becomes suspicious of the alliance between the Seleucid and Macedonian kings, and tells Rome; this one of the pretexts of the Third Macedonian War.
- 168: Perseus defeated by the Romans (battle of Pydna); Laodice returns to Syria
- 160: Birth of Demetrius II Nicator, son of Demetrius I and possibly Laodice
- Laodice's brother Demetrius I Soter offers his sister to king Ariarathes V Philopator of Cappadocia, who declines.
- 158: During a civil war in Cappadocia, Demetrius, still upset because of Ariararathes' refusal, decides to support the rebel Orophernes II
- Perhaps, Laodice marries Demetrius
- 150: When Demetrius I is killed, Laodice is killed too