Alara (first half eighth century BCE): name of a Nubian king.
- Wife: Kasaqa, probably his sister
- Daughter: Tabiry, wife of Piye
- First known ruler of this dynasty
- Succeeded by Kashta, who may have been his brother
- Tomb at El-Kurru
- T.G.H. James, "Egypt. The Twenty-Fifth and Twenty-Sixth Dynasties" in: Cambridge Ancient History (second edition, 1991), vol.III, part two, pp.677-747
- Robert G. Morkot, The Black Pharaohs. Egypt's Nubian Rulers (2000 London), especially chapter 11
This page is a fact file. It will be expanded to a normal article.