Vaballathus: emperor of Palmyra (267-272).
- ±260: Lucius Julius Aurelius Septimius Vaballathus Athenodorus
- Autumn 267: rex regum, corrector totius Orientis, dux Romanorum
- Summer 272: taken captive
- died in captivity
Successor of: Odaenathus
- 267 Assassination of Odaenathus; Vaballathus recognized as his father's successor (rex regum, corrector totius Orientis, dux Romanorum); Zenobia acts as regent
- 269 Palmyra breaks with Rome; attack on Ancyra
- 270 Conquest of Egypt; vir consularis, rex, imperator
- 272, spring: In the Sasanian empire, Shapur I dies and is succeeded by Hormizd I; Vaballathus starts using full imperial titles: Imperator Caesar Lucius Julius Aurelius Septimius Vaballathus Athenodorus pius felix invictus Augustus; accepts titles Persicus maximus, Arabicus maximus, and Adiabenicus maximus
- 272, summer: defeated and captured by Aurelian
- 273: in the Sassanid empire, Hormizd I is succeeded by Bahram I; Aurelian destroys Palmyra
- Vaballathus died in captivity
- 268 Synod of Antioch declares Paul of Samosata a heretic
This page is a fact file. It will be expanded to a normal article.