Cleopatra V (c.135-69): queen of the Ptolemaic Empire.
- Father: Ptolemy VIII Physcon
- Mother: Cleopatra III
- First husband: her brother Ptolemy IX Soter
- Two sons
- Second husband: Antiochus VIII Grypus
- Third husband: Antiochus IX Cyzicenus
- Fourth husband: Antiochus X Eusebes
- Antiochus XIII Asiaticus
- Seleucus Cybiosactes
- c.135: Born
- 28 June 116: Death of Ptolemy VIII Physcon, who is succeeded by Cleopatra III. She wants to rule with her youngest son Ptolemy X Alexander, but the Alexandrines force her to accept her elder son, Ptolemy IX Soter, as co-ruler.
- April 115: Cleopatra V Selene marries Ptolemy IX Soter, who has just divorced his first wife, Cleopatra IV. The relation between the young king Ptolemy IX and the queen-mother Cleopatra III is complicated.
- March 108: Ptolemy IX is forced to flee to Cyrene, and leaves behind his wife and two children. He returns not much later.
- October 107: Ptolemy IX again flees, this time to Cyprus, again leaving Cleopatra V Selene and the children behind. He is unable to return and the marriage is dissolved.
- Cleopatra III and Ptolemy X Alexander seek support from the Seleucid king Antiochus VIII Grypus against Ptolemy IX.
- 103: Cleopatra V Selene marries Antiochus. They have several children: Seleucus VI Epiphanes Nicator; Antiochus XI Epiphanes Philadelphus; Demetrius III Eucaerus; Philip I Philadelphus; Antiochus XII Dionysus; Laodice Thea Philadelphus.
- 101: Death of Cleopatra III. In Egypt, Ptolemy X Alexander remains sole ruler.
- Summer 96: Death of Antiochus VIII (natural causes). Because Antiochus VIII was involved in a conflict with his relative Antiochus IX Cyzicenus, which must end, Cleopatra marries her deceased husband's enemy.
- Her son Seleucus does not accept this, builds an army and defeats his stepfather, who is killed.
- Summer 94: A son of Antiochus IX, Antiochus X Eusebes, avenges his father; Seleucus is killed.
- Cleopatra Selene now marries Antiochus X. They have two sons (Antiochus XIII Asiaticus and Seleucus Cybiosactes).
- c.88: After the death of her last husband, Cleopatra Selene lives in Cilicia, where she educates her sons;
- Civil war between Demetrius III Eucaerus and Philip I Philadelphus; the latter is in 87 victorious
- 88: Death of Ptolemy X; return of Ptolemy IX Soter.
- 83/82: Antiochus XII Dionysus is defeated and killed by the Nabataean Arabs; Damascus is seized by Ptolemy of Chalcis
- 80: In Egypt, Ptolemy IX dies; he is succeeded by Ptolemy XI Alexander, who is immediately replaced by Ptolemy XII. Cleopatra V Selene demands the throne for her Seleucid sons.
- 75: Death of Philip I Philadelphus
- His intended successor, Antiochus XIII Asiaticus, visits Rome
- 74/73: Tigranes II the Great of Armenia conquers the remains of the Seleucid Empire.
- 69: Tigranes arrests Cleopatra Selene in Acre/Ptolemais and orders her execution
- O.D. Hoover, "Dethroning Seleucus VII Philometor (Cybiosactes): Epigraphical Arguments against a Late Seleucid Monarch" in: Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik 151 (2005) 95-99