Jovian: emperor of the Roman world (r. 363-364).
- 331: Jovianus (born in Singidunum)
- 27 June 363: Flavius Jovianus Augustus
- 17 February 364: natural death?
Successor of: Julianus Apostata
- father: Varronianus
- married to: Charito
- children: Varronianus
- 363 Death of Julianus Apostata; Jovian proclaimed emperor. He inherits the unsuccessful Persian war and concludes a peace treaty with the Sasanian king Shapur II, in which for the first time territories in the east are given up (including Nisibis)
- 364 Consul (with his son Varronianus ; they accept the honors in Ancyra); proceeds to Constantinople but dies in Dadastana
Succeeded by: Valentinian I