Imbriogion: ancient town, modern Demircili, in southern Turkey, location of several Roman mausoleums.
There are six mausoleums along the road from Seleucia on the coast to Diocaesarea, a Hellenistic-Roman city in southern Turkey. The photos show three of them:
- The Lower Mausoleum (left); it measures 5¼x4¼x6¼; the two columns that once supported the roof, have collapsed; close to it are several rock tombs.
- The Twin Mausolea (center):
- The one to the left measures 5x5x6 meter and has some nice Corinthian columns.
- The one to the right, with the two storeys, measures 4x4x7½ meter; in this tomb, the sarcophagi of the deceased were found.
- The Upper Mausoleum (right) measures 4½x4x7½m and has two storeys.
These tombs date back to the Roman age and have some oriental influences.