Carmo: city in ancient Andalusia, modern Carmona.
West of the west gate of Carmona, the Puerta de Sevilla, are the remains of a Roman amphitheater. The distance is about 900 meter. The amphitheater was discovered in 1885 but not fully excavated until the 1970s.
Like the amphitheater in Syracuse, it is partly cut into the rocks, and on several sites, smaller structures were added. Postholes betray that there used to be several wooden structures as well. The arena measured about 55 x 35 meter.
Not far from the amphitheater was a necropolis.