This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
11th Dynasty (Upper Egypt)Q719634
Eleventh Dynasty: name of the first kings of Egypt's "Middle Kingdom".
Egypt was, after the demise of the Old Kingdom, divided until it was reunited by the Eleventh Dynasty, which had started as the local dynasty in Thebes.
|Ninth and Tenth Dynasties
|Seventh and Eighth Dynasties
- Originally the dynasty ruling in southern Egypt
- After king Intef II, gradual reunification of Egypt; king Mentuhotep II puts an end to the Tenth Dynasty in Heracleopolis
- Mentuhotep II builds a mortuary temple in Deir el-Bahri (Thebes)
- The reign of king Mentuhotep IV ends in confusion
- King Amunemhet restores order and is the founder of the Twelfth Dynasty
Eleventh dynasty (c.2140-2000)
|Tepia Mentuhotep I|
|Sehertowy Intef I|
|Wahankh Intef II|
|Nakhtnebtepnefer Intef III|
|Nebhepetra Mentuhotep II (Smatowy)|
|Sankhkara Mentuhotep III|
|Nebtowyre Mentuhotep IV|