This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
Twelfth Dynasty: name of the main dynasty of kings of Egypt's "Middle Kingdom".
- After a crisis in the Eleventh Dynasty, king Amunemhet I restores order
- A new royal residence is created, Itj-tawi (which has not been identified but must be somewhere near Memphis)
- King Senusret I invades Nubia
- King Senusret I starts a building program (a/o Thebes and a pyramid near Lisht)
- King Senusret II stats developing the Fayyum
- Senusret III campaigns in Nubia (where a border stele has been found near the Second Cataract) and in the Levant. He makes a lasting impression: he lives on as Herodotus' "Sesostris", the man who conquered the whole world.
- King Amunemhet III continues the development of the Fayyum
- Queen Sobeknofru is the last ruler of this dynasty
Twelfth dynasty (c.2000-1780)
|Sehetepibra Amunemhet I|
|Kheperkara Senusret I|
|Nubkaura Amunemhet II|
|Khakheperra Senusret II|
|Khakaura Senusret III|
|Nymara Amunemhet III|
|Makhurera Amunemhet IV|