- 61: Born
- February/March 51: Death of Ptolemy's father, Ptolemy XII Auletes. He is succeeded by Cleopatra VII
- Summer 50: Cleopatra accepts her brother Ptolemy XIII as co-ruler
- Summer 49: Sole rule of Ptolemy XIII, recognized by both Gaius Julius Caesar, the Roman dictator, and his opponent, Pompey the Great.
- Cleopatra remains queen in the Thebaid, and accepts another brother, Ptolemy XIV, as co-ruler. His main courtiers are Achillas, Theodotus, and Pothinus.
- 48: Cleopatra tries to return, but her army is defeated near Pelusium.
- 48: Caesar defeats Pompey (battle of Pharsalus); Pompey flees to Egypt and is killed by courtiers of Ptolemy XIII
- Caesar arrives in Egypt and orders Ptolemy XIII and Cleopatra VII to disband their armies, but instead, war breaks out (text).
- 14 January 47: Ptolemy is killed in action
Information on the web