This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
15th Dynasty (Hyksos)Q728479
Fifteenth Dynasty: one of the dynasties of Egypt's Second Intermediary Period, ials known as the Hyksos Kings.
- During the Thirteenth Dynasty, Egypt loses control of Nubia, and the residence moves from Itj-tawy (unknown) to Thebes
- In the Second Intermediary Period, Lower Egypt is ruled by the Fourteenth Dynasty (which breaks away first)
- The rise of the Fifteenth Dynasty (the "Hyksos") in Avaris changes the political geography. The Fourteenth Dynasty is replaced by the Sixteenth, which is subject to the Hyksos kings, while the Late Thirteenth Dynasty in Thebes is replaced by the Early Seventeenth Dynasty
- The Hyksos (Egyptian: Heqau-Khasut, "rulers from foreign countries") had cultural ties with the people who spoke a West-Semitic language
- The kings of the Seventeenth Dynasty first put an end to the Sixteenth Dynasty and continue to expel the Hyksos; after they have reunited Egypt, they are known as the Eighteenth Dynasty, the first dynasty of Egypt's New Kingdom
|Fifteenth Dynasty ("Hyksos")
|Early Seventeenth Dynasty
|Late Thirteenth Dynasty|
Fifteenth dynasty ("Hyksos") (c.1648-1540)
Many kings, a.o.: