- Name: Bahram VI
- Hero from the war against the Turks
- Beginning of reign: 590
- Revolted against Hormizd IV the Turk and marches to the west. Hormizd is executed; his son Khusrau succeeds him but seeks refuge in the Byzantine Empire.
- 591 A Byzantine army brings back Khusrau
- Bahram escapes to the Turks, finds asylum in the Fergana valley, but is assassinated. His followers start to support another Parthian rebel, Bistam.
General Literature on Sasanian Persia
- Touraj Daryaee, Sasanian Persia. The Rise and Fall of an Empire (2009)
- Josef Wiesehöfer, Das antike Persien. Von 550 v. Chr. bis 650 n. Chr. (1994)