This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
Numerian: emperor of the Roman world (r. 283-284).
- c.254: Marcus Aurelius Numerius Numerianus
- November 282: Marcus Aurelius Numerianus Caesar
- August 283: Imperator Caesar Marcus Aurelius Numerianus Augustus
- November 284: murdered
Successor of: Carus
- father: Carus
- married to: daughter of Aper, praetorian prefect
- 282 proclaimed caesar by his father Carus
- 283 accepts the title Germanicus maximus; joins his father's eastern campaign; accepts the title Persicus maximus; death of Carus; becomes emperor in the east; his brother Carinus rules the west
- 284 Consul (with Carinus); stay in Emesa; accepts the title Britannicus maximus; assassinated by his father-in law Aper (?)
- Damnatio memoriae
Succeeded by: Diocletian
- biography from the Historia Augusta