This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
Carus: emperor of the Roman world (r. 282-283).
- c.224: Marcus Aurelius Carus
- September 282: Imperator Caesar Marcus Aurelius Carus Augustus
- August 283: struck by lightning (?)
Successor of: Probus
- c.224 Born in Narbo
- Before 282: consul; apponted as praetorian prefect
- 282 Becomes emperor after the death of Probus; proceeds to Rome
- 283 Consul II (with Carinus); fights against the Sarmatians; accepts the title Germanicus maximus; proceeds to the east; attacks the Sasanian Empire; captures Ctesiphon; accepts the title Persicus maximus; dies
- Damnatio memoriae
Succeeded by: Numerianus, Carinus
- biography from the Historia Augusta