This page is a stub. It will be expanded to a full-fledged article.
Seleucus V: name of a Seleucid king, ruled briefly in 126/125.
Successor of: Demetrius II Nicator
- Father: Demetrius II Nicator
- Mother: Cleopatra Thea
- Cleopatra Thea had three husbands: Alexander I Balas, Demetrius II Nicator, and Antiochus VII Sidetes.
- 125: When king Demetrius II is killed in action against the pretender Alexander II Zabinas, Cleopatra and other courtiers must make a decision about the next king. There are three candidates:
- Seleucus V (son of Cleopatra and Demetrius)
- Antiochus VIII Grypus (son of Cleopatra and Demetrius)
- Antiochus IX Cyzicenus (son of Cleopatra and Antiochus VII)
- Seleucus, who must be somewhere between 15 and 20 years old, tries to become sole ruler, but is killed; our sources blame Cleopatra