Ardašir IV: king of Persia, ruling from 628 to 630, member of the Sasanian dynasty.
- Name: Ardašir IV
- Beginning of reign: 628
- The Sasanian king Khusrau II fought a long war against the Byzantines, but was defeated by the Byzantine emperor Heraclius.
- In 628, Khusrau was replaced by his son Kavad II.
- Kavad II died after a short reign and left a young son Ardašir IV as successor.
- In 630, he was replaced by Khusrau's general Shahrbaraz, who was killed almost immediately and succeeded by queen Buran.
General Literature on Sasanian Persia
- Touraj Daryaee, Sasanian Persia. The Rise and Fall of an Empire (2009)
- Josef Wiesehöfer, Das antike Persien. Von 550 v. Chr. bis 650 n. Chr. (1994)